Halloween in July

Halloween Decorations are Emerging...

And so are all the little witches and goblins who adore Halloween so much! It's that time of year already, my blog feed is all lit up with new Halloween decor finds. We usually don't see decorations until August but some online retailers have released their 2017 stock early. It's exciting to see and there are a lot of products that I'd love to buy.

I've been feeling really torn about what to do for Halloween this year. Last Halloween was rather disappointing. Despite many houses putting up decor last year, we saw a scant twenty something children trick or treating. By the end of the night I was piling candy into bags just to get it out of my house. It's a far cry from the one hundred kids that we used to get on Halloween night. While I am grateful that we at least had some trick or treaters, it left me questioning what next year would bring, and whether it would be worth the effort to hand out candy again.

I've mulled over various ideas, like handing out candy at my grandmother's house, going to an adult event like a dance party, or travelling to some place interesting, but I still don't know for sure. Most cities will not post events that many months in advance, so I guess I won't know what to do until September comes. For now I get to drool over all the new Halloween inventory coming out.


Clearly I prefer a more Nu Goth inspired colour palette and At Home seems to be channeling that substyle with their signs, coffin boxes and doormats. What a perfect time to be a goth! I also really like that Michaels has used coral as one of their primary colours in their autumn decor schemes, I snapped a shot and posted it to instagram, here. While I probably can't afford to buy any of their fabulous pieces ($100 for a pumpkin?!) I'd love to incorporate their new colour scheme into my own decor. Of course traditional black and orange can't be beat, as Grandin Road yet again proves with their dancing trees and party serving ware.


I'm getting a great deal of inspiration for my Halloween craft and home decor projects. Even if I won't be handing out candy, nothing is going to stop me from celebrating Halloween in my own special way!

Have you seen any great Halloween finds?

Best,
Ladyfair

11 comments

  1. Last year was a bust for me too! I wish I even got one trick or treater. So very sad =(

    I am however with you, I love that decorations and general paraphernalia is coming out in July! No more of that annoying Christmas in July junk. I bought me an entire bolt of the most decadent retro inspired halloween print these weary eyes have laid on in a while. I don't even know what I'll do with it all lol. I need to go back because I blew my budget on getting that entire bolt... left many other decadent prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just seen some Halloween fabric emerging at Fabricland but ooooh. I bought some vintage inspired Halloween quilting cotton but I realized after the fact that it's defective, there's half a jack o'lantern missing in the print! It's sort of weird but I think Fabricland buys up Joann's clearance stock or defective bolts and the bastards sell it at full price! I'm thinking I might make a trip over the border with my aunt to see what treasures your shop is holding.

      Delete
  2. Yes I bought couple of cool items from Sedlec Bone Church! Sooo ready for autumn :) Those velvet pumpkins are just adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the pictures from that church, it's soooo cool! I love velvet pumpkins too, I'm going to try to get them on sale.

      Delete
  3. How unfortunate for you. Last Halloween, in my area, the streets were packed. So many houses ran out of candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, our city is just weird anymore, it's all different pockets. Like my parents area used to be a hot spot but then all the kids went to college so now it's full of retirees. I don't think most families with small children can afford to live in our area, it's too expensive and not on a bus route, and because it's newly developed it sits awkwardly by the country side and a highway, which is probably a huge contributing factor to not taking kid there. It's depressing because both my husband and I enjoyed the happiness we could bring to kids in the neighborhood with the decor and everything, but we'll have to figure something else out this year.

      Delete
  4. We still haven't really had any summer yet so Halloween feels far away over here. But I love that coffin and those beautiful black pumpkins in the top picture!

    Ps. Did you post about your wedding? I hate to have missed out on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, has it been cold? Our summer took awhile to finally kick off, we kept falling back into spring temps and then once July hit it sky rocketed to 40 degree humidex and it feels disgusting out lol. I haven't posted wedding pics yet! But I will soon, our one year anniversary is at the end of next month. :)

      Delete
    2. Your what - has it already been a year?? Well, I look forward to seeing the pics :)

      Delete
  5. Those trees are my favourite! I haven't seen any Halloween decorations out yet. We had no trick or treaters last year! I understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those trees, but they're a bit pricey for me! I'm going to handcraft some decorations this year. Too bad I'm not mechanically inclined, otherwise I knocked the trees off lol.

      Delete

Comments containing profanity, insults, web links and self promotion will be flagged as spam and deleted!